Saturday, April 7, 2012

Healthy Alfredo Sauce

I have my mother to thank for my love of good, wholesome, healthy food. I have to give her a lot of credit for being creative in the kitchen...preparing home cooked meals for us during my entire life...modeling healthy eating habits...introducing us to new foods...various cuisines...and ways to make good foods healthfully.

I LOVE fettuccine alfredo. This is my mom's version of a healthier, lower fat version. Still as creamy and satisfying.

Alfredo Sauce


Ingredients
1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup cottage cheese
(Probably obvious, but I feel I should note to use skim/lower fat versions for the healthiest finished product)
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
salt & pepper to taste

Combine ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. If necessary add a small amount of skim milk or water to produce the desired consistency. Pour into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 min (plus or minus) to heat prior to serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment